Friday, November 2, 2012



{Home Sweet Home}
Yes. I FINALLY had a chance to go back to sweet old Las Vegas!! I was SOOO happy and I seriously couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  I didn't do anything super crazy or out of the ordinary, but seeing my family and my two best friends was enough for me!! (And tonight I get to see my other best friend) YAYY life is great!  

So my trip made me contemplate a lot about my current life.  I miss home like crazy...I felt so loved while I was there and on the last night as I packed my bags I just cried and cried (Yeah, I'm a big baby haha).  The second I walked into my house I was overcome by this incredible smell...the smell of my house! Yes, I'm a firm believer that each and every home has a unique smell!  

One day I took my little sisters to the park and all four of us lay side by side in the grass.  I even teared up. Yeah yeah I know...I'm a SUCH a cry baby, but I wished that I could just lay there holding my little sisters in my arms forever.  The thought of leaving again was nauseating.

Then I realized that I just have to endure this crazy part of my life and enjoy it.  Families are Forever and soon enough I will be able to be with my little sisters and parents forever but for this short, microscopic time in my existence I have to leave.

Someone at church told me that I seemed so happy.  I thought it was quite unusual because I thought I had always seemed happy, but then it hit me...

I am happy.

I'm 396 miles {Thank you Google Maps} away from the people I love most, but I'm happy. 

Being away from everyone I love has made me realize that everyone may be far, but my Savior and Heavenly Father are still there and will always be there.

Trust me, I am sick of studying, sick of having tests every other day, and sick of having to be careful with money, but oh my heavens have I learned to rely on my Savior.

My Savior and Heavenly Father have become my closest friends.  I have friends here...I know I make it seem like I'm a total loner, but Christ and my Heavenly Father have become my strength. I can't even begin to tell you about the miracles that I have seen in my life.

Today was an average day.  Sleeping in too late, rushing to class, cramming for my test, tests, and volunteering at the TRC. I LOVED IT!

This is my new life and I love it.  Hard things happen, but haven't they always?

There are a million and one reasons for me to hate this change in my life, but there are a billion reasons for me to love it.  And I have decided that loving it is just going to make me a tinge more satisfied with my life. 

And I guess Utah isn't as ugly as I thought it was...


I love my life.  I have the gospel, I have a family, I have friends, I have my Savior, I have my loving Heavenly Father, what more could I possibly ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Awh Miry Mae Mae! I loved this. I'm so glad you got to finally go home and enjoy everything that you come from! That's so awesome. You make me even more excited to go home in 9 days for a whole week!! :) ahh I'm so pumped. I love you! Thank you for this post. You're great. MUAH! Muah!

    ReplyDelete